A dog’s loyalty to their owner is an incredible bond. Consistent preventative medical care not only maintains but strengthens this bond. At our hospital we strive to provide the best medical care for your canine family members.
We recommend twice yearly wellness exams to ensure the health of your dog. These visits may entail one or more of the following services we offer:
- Physical exam - A thorough exam helps us to uncover any genetic abnormalities or health concerns.
- Vaccinations - It is recommended that a puppy receive booster vaccinations every 3 to 4 weeks until they are 18-20 weeks of age.
- Deworming and fecal testing - Many intestinal parasites are transmissible to people which is why we recommend testing and treatment when appropriate.
Adult Wellness Visits
- Physical exam - Many changes occur in your dog’s health each year which makes a thorough annual exam invaluable.
- Vaccinations - We recommend the core vaccinations (DHPP, bordetella and Rabies) but will inform you of other vaccines that may be recommended depending on your dog's lifestyle.
- Annual blood work - There are limitations to the physical exam and annual blood work allows us to ensure that internally your dog is as healthy as they appear on the outside.
- Heartworm testing - We recommend this annual blood test to be aware of your dog's status and is required for purchasing heartworm prevention. Heartworms are transmitted through mosquitoes which are abundant in Houston. Monthly heartworm prevention is also recommended.
- Fecal testing
Senior Wellness Visits
- Physical exam, senior blood work and urinalysis - As our dogs get older their risk of developing illnesses increases which is why a thorough physical exam and blood work is recommended. Identifying illnesses early on offers a better chance at more effective treatment.
- Vaccinations - As dogs age they typically won't need as many vaccines and we can guide you in this decision process.
- Heartworm test
- Fecal test
- Spay and neuter
- Soft tissue surgical procedures
Our veterinarians are available to consult with you about specific conditions about your dog depending on their needs. This is a list of just some of the areas we cover. We can also provide referrals to specialists if the need arises:
- Dental care
- Imaging such as x-rays and ultrasound
- Pain Management